School of Business Administration is launching a MIM Resume Contest. Now is the time to make sure your resume is high quality and fully updated so that you are prepared to start your job search. Although most of MIMs don’t graduate until December, but with the average job search taking 3 – 5 months you should get started soon!
Here is how the contest works:
- Update your resume using the attached Resume Guide and come in to see me for a resume review appointment. To schedule an appointment, log into www.PSUCareerForward.com and click on “request an appointment”. From there you can view all my available times and select the one that works best for you.
- Send a copy of your resume to me via email by Monday, August 4.
- A committee will evaluate all the submitted resumes based on the quality and relevancy of the information you include as well as on the format, spelling, and grammar. You do not need to have a lot of work experience to win. You just need to do a good job of explaining your experience and accomplishments.
- The winner will be announced by Friday, August 8.
If your resume is selected as the winning resume, then:
- You will win a $50 gift card to Amazon
- Your resume will be featured in the next version of the Resume Guide as an example for all future MIM students
If you have any other questions about your job search, then please contact our Assistant Director of Career and Student Services, Jodi Nelson with her email firstname.lastname@example.org. She can help you identify potential career paths and companies, write your resume and cover letter, learn about CPT/OPT, prepare for an interview, and more.
Be prepared and come to get the $50 gift card to Amazon!