What do MIM students do in school for fun while they take 12-19 global business class credits per term?
Well, if you are Jasmine Avgerakis, then you create Dining to Give. Avgerakis, who graduated with her Master in International Management degree in December 2010, wished to “raise money for non-profit initiatives around the world.” She hoped that Dining to Give would “raise awareness of how each of us can be a part of the solution.”
Since graduating from the MIM program, Avgerakis has relocated to Bogota, Colombia, where she is perfecting her Spanish language skills and gaining further experience in the non-profit sector. Meanwhile, Dining to Give continues to thrive under MIM 2011 candidate Eric Dretzke’s excellent international management skills.
Why support Dining to Give?
- It is founded by a MIM student and currently managed by a MIM student (support your fellow classmates in their quest to do good!)
- By dining you help raise money and awareness for non-profit initiatives around the world
- Your meal also supports the Oregon Culinary Institute
- The meals are delicious (I have attended and can attest to this fact) four-course gourmet dinners prepared by Oregon Culinary Institute students
- 40% of the $30 dinner price is donated toward a variety of local and international non-profit organizations
- Network with like-minded individuals
The next dinner is scheduled for Thursday, February 10th at 7:00pm at the Oregon Culinary Institute. 40% of the proceeds from this dinner will be donated to Adventures Without Limits. Round up a few friends and make reservations now! I will be there..I hope to see you there! (To make reservations click HERE.)
Become a fan of Dining to Give on Facebook